The California Department of Public Health issued a warning Wednesday advising people not to eat harvested mussels, clams or scallops from San Francisco and San Mateo counties, where dangerous levels of PSP were found in mussels. The California Department of Public Health explained "Dangerous levels of paralytic shellfish poisoning (PSP) toxins have been detected in mussels from this area. The naturally occurring PSP toxins can cause illness or death in humans. Cooking does not destroy the toxin."
But good news... This warning does not apply to commercially sold clams, mussels, scallops or oysters from approved sources.
To read more about this story CLICK HERE
Check out our new podcast 'Off The Air: More Banter, Less Filter'! Let us know what you think and leave a comment!