If you're looking to save as much as possible, the folks at Reader's Digest compiled a helpful guide recently.
Here's a rundown of what I considered to be the top 5 stand-out tips:
- The "treasure hunt" is Costco's way of moving their stock around constantly, always getting people to search for the products they're looking for and - in turn - notcing (and buying) other items.
- Most items will go on sale eventually, so it’s worth holding off if you can be patient.
- If you notice a costco.com item you bought had a price cut within 30 days of purchase, put in a request online to get the difference refunded (some warehouses also offer the same perk, just ask!)
- An asterisk in the upper right corner of a price tag signals the location isn’t reordering the item.
- Prices ending with 7 as the last digit ($XX.97,$XX.87, $XX.77, etc) signufy a particularly good deal - it means they are on clearance.