This could be the job for you!
Some of us have passions in life that we're lucky enough to pursue as careers and make money doing... and some of us just like eating chocolate!
If you're in the latter group, you might appreciate an opening posted by Mondelez International:
Our Chocolate Tasters are key in helping Mondelez perfect and launch an entirely new product all over the world by tasting and providing feedback just like our consumers. You will work alongside approximately 11 Chocolate Tasters and a panel leader; sharing opinions and collaborating with others to reach an agreement on taste. No experience is required as full training will be provided to develop your taste buds and the specific vocabulary required to communicate your opinions.
Do you think you could handle the duties of the job?
- Be able to taste chocolate products and give objective and honest feedback
- Work within a team of panelists to share opinions and collaborate to reach an agreement on taste
- Use a clearly defined vocabulary to describe products and aid in the discrimination between products
- Be consistent in the results given
- Know the ethical and legal compliance responsibilities of the position; raise questions and concerns when faced with an ethical or compliance issue; apply integrity in all aspects of professional conduct
The qualifications seem simple enough:
- A passion for confectionary and taste buds for detection
- Honesty when it comes to giving opinion
- Eager to try new inventive products
- A communicative personality to build great relationships with your panel
- A firm grasp of the English Language
The biggest challenge for Bay Area residents would be the location... This is currently just a part-time gig in the UK.
But... If you're over the high cost of living in Northern California, perhaps this opportunity will be what propels you to consider an international adventure!