More than 200 people in the four states, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota and Wisconsin, have been infected with an intestinal parasite after eating prepackaged vegetable trays sold by Fresh Del Monte Produce, federal authorities said.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 212 people in Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota and Wisconsin had become ill with cyclosporiasis as of Thursday. Symptoms of cyclosporiasis include watery diarrhea and frequent, sometimes explosive, bowel movements... It typically show up a week after people ingest food containing the parasite.
The parasite was found in 6 oz., 12 oz. and 28 oz. vegetable trays containing fresh broccoli, cauliflower, celery sticks, carrots and dill dip.
The veggie packs have a “best if enjoyed by” date of June 17, 2018, or earlier, according to a June 15 release by the Food and Drug Administration.
Make sure to stay away from these trays if you are in the states above...
Check out our new podcast 'Off The Air: More Banter, Less Filter'! Let us know what you think and leave a comment!