It ain't Christmas without Santa Clause! So let's make sure he's at your next holiday party at the office or at home with these cute little guys!
- baked vanilla cupcakes
- can creamy white frosting
- Red paste or food coloring gel, as needed to reach desired color
- Step 1
- Tint canned creamy white frosting with red paste or gel food coloring, leaving some white for the hat rims.
- Step 2
- Place red-tinted frosting in a pastry bag fitted with a large round tip. (If frosting is too soft to hold its shape, chill for 30 minutes at a time until firm enough to work with.) On the cupcake, pipe frosting in a spiral that gets smaller as it nears the top. Top the hat with a mini marshmallow.
- Step 3
- Place remaining white frosting in a pastry bag fitted with a small to medium star tip. Pipe small stars around the rim of the cupcake to create the hat rim.
SOURCE: Better Homes & Gardens