It's #BaytoBreakers time! On Sunday, a diverse and enthusiastic crowd of runners, walkers, and costumed partiers will converge upon San Francisco to participate in the annual Bay to Breakers 12K run. This iconic event draws thousands of avid runners, walkers and vibrant dressed up teams of centipedes.
The Bay to Breakers race begins at the Bay and concludes at the Great Highway, where the breakers crash onto the beach. Along the way you'll experience 9 historic neighborhoods, as you race through Panhandle Park at the edge of Haight Ashbury and cut through Golden Gate Park.
Certain streets will be closed and public transportation routes may be affected. Here are some of the expected street closures provided by the San Francisco Municipal Transit Authority.
Starting Line Area Street Closures:
- Main, between Mission and Folsom
- Howard, between Embarcadero and Beale
- Steuart, southeast of Mission
- Spear, between Mission and Folsom
Finish Line Area Street Closures:
- Lincoln: westbound, between Great Highway and 48th
- Lincoln: eastbound, between Great Highway and La Playa
- Fulton: westbound, between Great Highway and 47th
- Fulton: eastbound, between Great Highway and 48th
- La Playa: between Cabrillo and Fulton
- Great Highway: between Sloat and JFK
- Multiple entrances to Golden Gate Park for the race period
The full list of impacted street and transit routes you can find here: https://www.sfmta.com/notices/bay-breakers-2023
And to find out more about the race, registration, entertainment water stations... all of the day of info check out their website https://baytobreakers.com/