Dave Styles

Dave Styles is an on air host at 104.3 MYFM from 3pm-7pm! KBIG FM Los Angeles' More Music, More Variety radio stationFull Bio


This Girl Could Have Died Because She Didn't Wash Her Makeup Brushes

There's a couple beauty rules that basically everyone breaks such as don't pop your pimples and wash your makeup brushes regularly.

Well for 21-year-old Katie Wright she broke both rules, which could've resulted in her going blind or even dying because of it!

Katie had felt what she "thought was a giant under the skin pimple" next to her eyebrows and she decided to pop it.

However, her face began to swell and she was in pain.

She wrote in a Facebook post, "It felt like something was going to burst out of my skin." 

She immediately went to the ER, where she found out it wasn't a pimple at all.

"They said it was a very serious case of Cellulitis, which is a version of a Staph infection...It affects the deep cellular tissues with no main source to attack."

The doctors told her that if she had let the infection go untreated for much longer, there was a high risk of it spreading to her brain or eyes, which could have caused her to go blind or even killed her.

Now that she's all healed, Katie is warning others against using dirty makeup brushes. 

"This most likely happened from bacteria getting into my eyebrow pencil brush. I'm super strict on washing my face/beauty blender/brushes, but I never thought to disinfect my eyebrow spoolie."

Everyone start disinfecting!!

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content