The Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort is continuing its full on transformation in 2018.
Multiple new venues and refurbishments to dining and retail locations, including the World of Disney store, will be completed throughout the year while Downtown Disney District remains open to guests.
The result will be a one-of-a-kind Disney experience, giving guests the greatest mix of family-friendly dining, shopping and entertainment.
The popular San-Diego based brewer Ballast Point will open its first Orange County location in Downtown Disney District later this year.
Ballast Point pairs its high-quality, award-winning beers with a menu of foods including: salads, small plates, flatbreads and entrees featuring local, sustainable and seasonal ingredients.
The space will house the first-ever on-site brewery, tasting room, kitchen and outdoor beer garden at Downtown Disney District.
Construction is scheduled to begin soon, across from Catal Restaurant and Uva Bar.
Recently opened in Downtown Disney District is the multi-sensory experience Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire by ILMxLAB and The VOID.
The hyper-reality experience transports guests deep into the Star Wars universe, allowing them to walk freely and untethered throughout the space.
Other exciting experiences expected to open in 2018 include:
- World of Disney will be turned into a new, dynamic and distinctly Disney retail environment. The store will remain open to guests for shopping during the majority of the refurbishment, with work expected to be completed in phases throughout 2018.
- Splitsville Luxury Lanes will offer a unique combination of dining, drinks, bowling and entertainment. Opening on January 29.
- Disney Home will offer fans a variety of Disney-themed home goods. Opening in February 2018.
- Naples Ristorante e Pizzeria will undergo renovations to expand its outside patio with a new outside bar. Inside, three wood burning ovens will be installed to better meet guests’ demands for authentic Napoletana-style pizza pies. The restaurant will remain open throughout construction, which is slated to be completed in fall 2018.
- Black Tap Craft Burgers & Beer will serve its award-winning burgers and signature CrazyShake milkshakes in a casual atmosphere. Opening later this year.
What are you looking forward to most at the new Downtown Disney District?