Dave Styles

Dave Styles is an on air host at 104.3 MYFM from 3pm-7pm! KBIG FM Los Angeles' More Music, More Variety radio stationFull Bio


California Residents Will Soon Need An Extra ID To Fly Domestically!

Pretty soon everyone will need a Real ID or passport to travel domestically.

The Department of Homeland Security just extended California's federal Real ID approval extension from today (1/10) to April 1, 2019.

Without this extension it would mean that travelers would need a passport or other government ID to travel within the United States.

In other words, your driver's license would not have been good enough.

The new extension granted to California will allow enough time to get to REAL ID for those who want to continue to use their driver's license or ID to board a domestic flight.

When it's time to renew your driver's license you will have a choice to apply for a REAL ID driver's license or ID card or renew or apply for a federal non-compliant card.

REAL ID driver licenses will cost $35 and just the normal REAL ID cards will cost $30.

So if you don't plan on getting a REAL ID just make sure to remember to pack your passport!

Are you going to get a REAL ID?

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content