I’m excited to be working opening day this season. Honestly, excited and a bit nervous of course. But for those fans who might be feeling the same way, and wondering how it looks this year, here’s the policies and procedures for this upcoming season.
Here is more info released by the Dodgers
The Los Angeles Dodgers today launched their Fan Safety Portal at Dodgers.com/FanSafety with updated policies and procedures for games at Dodger Stadium to start the 2021 season. The portal will be updated as more protocols are finalized.
The following protocols will be implemented for the start of 2021 season and were created to comply with local and state regulations and after consultation with Major League Baseball:
- All tickets will be issued digitally and scanned at stadium entrances from mobile devices. All game tickets will be delivered via the MLB Ballpark app, ensuring a touchless entry.
- Dodger Stadium’s available capacity will be determined by California’s Blueprint for a Safer Economy reopening framework, with 20% capacity permitted in the Red tier, 33% in the Orange tier and 67% in the Yellow tier.
- Fans will be seated in physically distanced pods of two, three, four, five or six seats.
- The Dodgers will encourage social distancing at all time sat Dodger Stadium with capacity limited in elevators, restrooms and indoor areas. Fans should refrain from congregating on the concourse, where signage and floor markers will indicate six feet of separation. Unused seats will be zip tied and stanchions will be placed in higher trafficked areas to promote separation.
- Promoting a contactless experience:
- Only clear bags will be permitted with a maximum size of 12”x12”x6” - the size of a one-gallon freezer bag. Bags, backpacks, coolers, large purses, etc., are no longer permitted with the exception of bags carried for medical reasons or manufactured diaper bags that accompany infants and young children.
- All purchases in the ballpark will be contactless and cashless.The team has installed cash-to-card kiosks throughout Dodger Stadium to assist with the transition to cashless transactions. Cash-to-card kiosks will accept cash and add value to a Mastercard debit cash card, which can be used at Dodger Stadium or anywhere Mastercard is accepted.
- Parking must be purchased in advance to reduce contact for fans and employees.
- Face Coverings: Appropriate face coverings will be required for all fans ages two (2) and above, unless fans are eating or drinking in their ticketed seats. Neck gaiters, bandanas and masks with valves are not considered appropriate face coverings.
- Smoke-free Dodger Stadium: Dodger Stadium and its surrounding parking lots are now smoke free, including prohibiting the use of electronic cigarettes and smokeless tobacco products on Dodger Stadium property.
- Enhanced cleaning, sanitization and hygiene: Dodger Stadium will engage in best practices in cleaning, sanitization and hygiene. Hand sanitizing stations have been added through the ballpark and additional staff will be on-site for cleaning high-touch areas throughout events. All bathrooms have been modified to reduce capacity and will utilize touchless soap and towel dispensers. Plexiglass dividers have also been added to information kiosks and other areas of interaction.
- Parking and stadium gates:With reduced capacity, parking lots will open 1.5 hours prior to the game and stadium gates will open one hour before first pitch.