Happy Giving Tuesday!
Giving Tuesday typically occurs on the Tuesday after Cyber Monday and gives people the opportunity to give back to their communities. The Giving Tuesday Organization focuses on Racial Generosity and explains, "Whether it’s making someone smile, helping a neighbor or stranger out, showing up for an issue or people we care about, or giving some of what we have to those who need our help, every act of generosity counts, and everyone has something to give."
If you'd like to participate, here are a few things you could do according to GivingTuesday.org:
- Pay it forward - pay for someone's food, groceries or leave a good review at a business you love
- Support non-profits with monetary donations - Find an organization to support here!
- Food - Create a free pantry, community fridge or hand out bag lunches
- Volunteer in your community - Find volunteer opportunities here!
- Help a neighbor - Help with rent relief, yard work or even send over some dinner
- Give kindness - Sometimes some people need a little positivity to get through their day. Check out this list of random acts of kindness!
NBC Bay Area also put together this list of local Bay Area organizations that need your help:
- Oakland A's - The team is holding a fundraiser for Oakland A’s Community Fund where donations will go towards school supplies, lunches, groceries, coats and more for youth baseball and softball leagues. Those who donate online will also receive two tickets for a 2023 home game.
- Boys & Girls Club
- Operation Freedom Paws
Get more information on Giving Tuesday here!