Chief Medical Officer of Disney Parks, Pamela Hymel has written a blog on the official Disneyland website going into detail on how Disneyland and Disneyworld is handling the outbreak of COVID-19.
While other Disney parks around the world have shut down, Disney parks in California and Florida remain open. Here are the steps the parks are taking, as laid out in Ms. Hymel's blog post...
- Training for cast members, with ongoing reinforcement on a regular basis
- Defined cycles for frequent cleaning and disinfection of targeted areas
- Easy access to handwashing facilities and hand sanitizers
- Quick response to spills, trash and other situations
- End of day sanitation procedures for restroom, kitchen, and other facilities
- Frequent cleaning and “wash down” of outdoor locations, including walkways and queues
Additionally, she adds that hand washing and hand sanitizing stations are listed on the Disney park apps, so you can easily find your way to one while enjoying the park.