Well, after being brow-beat by my boss and everyone else on social media.....AND having another weekend quarantine, I FINALLY decided to cave in and watch "Tiger King" on Netflix. And BOY am I glad I did!
My first initial thoughts were, "WHAT. THE. FUCK?"
And yes, all caps. I couldn't believe this was real. I couldn't believe there were people out there that actually existed like this. I couldn't believe how well it was edited/documented. And after all 7 episodes, I still have SO many questions. So, if you watched it as well, let's compare notes!
1) Is it POSSIBLE Joe Exotic was framed in any way? Don't get me wrong- he had very violent verbal tendencies and admitted to drug use, "kinky sex" and many other things. I can believe he paid someone $3K to kill Carole Baskin. But I can't believe Jeff Lowe and Allen Glover are completely innocent. Glover even admitted he was on his way to kill Carole Baskin and chickened out!! Cardi B is even trying to get him out of jail!
2) Is that really Joe Exotic's voice in his songs/music videos? I've heard from an "inside source" that he paid someone to sing for him....but I'm still digging the voice! Kind of want to download some songs. Don't judge.
3) I'm sorry, I still have a feeling Carole Baskin killed her husband. She was oddly unemotional throughout the whole thing...and I just feel like she's really good at hiding something. He filed a restraining order and even changed his will to "if I go missing..." I mean, come ON!
4) Did ANYONE else see towards the very end, when Jeff Lowe's girlfriend was pregnant and standing next to him, and he said, "We'll get her induced, and then she'll be getting back to the gym." EX-FUCKING-CUSE ME???? What a dick.
5) The fact that BOTH of Joe Exotic's husbands (John Finlay and Travis Maldonado) were actually STRAIGHT?? Drugs are bad, kids. Drugs are bad.
6) Travis's funeral was so sad for so many reasons. His mom was clearly on drugs during the ceremony, and Joe Exotic's speech was very disrespectful. I'm sad Travis couldn't live the life he wanted or deserve to live.
7) Bhagavan Antle changing the names of all his women.....I can't. Super culty and I think it was hilarious how he and Joe Exotic got along because they both loved big cats, and had "harems." Lord help me.....I get lonely sometimes, but please don't ever let me get THAT lonely.
8) Funniest scene in the whole movie was when James Garettson was on a jet ski with Survivor's "Eye of the Tiger" playing. I CAN'T. Also....I was kind of confused with who he was and how he was involved with everyone?
9) I still feel bad for Rick Kirkham. Does anyone know if he's okay? (He was the director of Joe's reality-show series, "Joe Exotic T.V."
10) The fact that Joshua Dial (Joe's campaign manager) had to watch Travis take his own life.....I can't even imagine. Yet another person from the documentary that I wonder, "are they okay?"
Nonetheless, "Tiger King" was a quarantine gift from GOD. I'd love to know your thoughts if you watched!
Sandy (@SandyStec on FB, IG and Twitter)
Image Courtesy of Getty Images