Talk about scary!
A jogger in Provo, Utah accidentally came upon some little cougar cubs while out for a run at a place called Slate Canyon. The momma cougar then did what mommas do... protect her babies. She proceeded to stalk the man for 6 minutes, and he filmed the entire thing!
It's scary to watch, but experts say he did exactly what you are supposed to do if confronted by a wild animal. According to KSL News, the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources advises the following if you come in contact with a mountain lion...
- Stop. Never run from a cougar and do not approach the cougar
- Maintain eye contact with the animal
- Stand up tall
- Do not crouch or squat
- Make yourself look bigger by raising and waving your arms or jacket above your head
- Talk firmly in a loud voice, back away slowly, and leave the area
- Pick up children and pets or keep them very close
- Fight back if you are attacked! Protect your head and neck